Friday, January 16, 2015

Obviously I never should have swept the front porch and driveway yesterday.  My back does not do well with that sideways motion, and thus (after improving considerably since Sunday) it was out again this morning.  



I'm still hacking away with my cough this morning, and have no voice, either... although from several points of view (Tom's? Alex's?) that may not be such a bad thing.  



In response to Tom's question 


yes I am still planning to attend the bluegrass festival in Blythe tomorrow, at  

Colorado River Fairgrounds:
591 North Olive Lake Blvd
Blythe, CA 92225

It's supposed to be a gloriously perfect day (sunny, mid-70s)
so that should help me recuperate, right?



When I first planned to go I didn't even know that Peter would be playing.  While I won't get there in time to be able to catch his morning set, I am looking forward to hearing the afternoon one.

The Sonoran Dogs are playing at the Blythe Bluegrass Festival in California, with sets this Friday the 16th at 10:00 am and 1:30 pm, and this Saturday the 17th at 10:00 am and 1:00 pm.

And as an added bonus, after viewing the festival site it appears that there's also a quilt show connected to the music festival; life is good!

Live Bluegrass Music

"Performances by some of the biggest & most talented stars in Bluegrass"
"Just about the largest Bluegrass Festival West of the Mississippi"
[expect me to report back on how loosely they have interpreted "just about"...LOL]

BluegrassQuilters

The annual quilt show so good that 
it is becoming a tradition in its own right.




No comments:

Post a Comment