Wednesday, January 7, 2015

We had a productive board meeting at Laura's this morning, and while we were at it we celebrated Linda's birthday (which was yesterday.)  Laura is interested in my embroidery machine, and immediately put in a bid.  She also loaned me the pattern for making the "moon" quilt.  I hope the curves are as easy as she says, and  look forward to making one of the blocks to test it out.  Before I left there Tom called to say he'd changed his mind and was heading to Quartzsite after all, and will return tomorrow.

As long as I was in the neighborhood I stopped in at the repair shop to check on my car.  Apparently it's back in the body/paint shop because it didn't pass muster with the guy in charge, and I have no idea when I'll have it back.

It was a beautiful day today although I spent the afternoon inside working on the wedding quilt.  I'm continuing to make great progress, and figure I am about halfway done!  Regarding our beautiful weather, on the news tonight I found out that we broke a record (set before I was born) for today, hitting 81 degrees.  Considering the outrageous cold snap going on elsewhere that sounds positively decadent, but of course we'll pay for our good luck over the long, hot summer.

Alex and I went out to dinner at Carrabba's tonight, delicious as usual.  He also got to visit with lots of friends from his time working there.  I'm currently stuffed, and even brought some leftovers home.  Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment