Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Everyone (there were 10 of us taking Betty's class) seemed to enjoy the class, and by the time it ended this afternoon I had actually finished the first placemat (except for the binding.) It may not be perfect, but that probably makes it that much more likely to be used... <g>  Here are the 'front' and 'back' views: 



This evening, before I forgot the technique, I started on the second placemat, which - not surprisingly - is turning out even better now that I've gotten the hang of it.  Tomorrow afternoon (I'm taking Carol for her pedicure in the morning) I might even get it finished.



For some "reason"


Verizon feels the need to text me when the kids have used 75% of their monthly data allotment, when they reach 90%, and (of course) when they've used it all.  Alex especially uses his phone in the middle of the night, so that's often when he hits those milestones and the texts come in.  Since I use my phone as an alarm clock that means I have the joy (NOT!) of hearing those texts when I'd much rather remain in dreamland.  


Today I was notified about both of the kid's accounts, which finally prompted me to do something besides gripe; this afternoon I talked to a woman at Verizon and now (in theory, anyway) I should no longer get status reports on the kids' data usage.


Alex worked the big golf tournament today for RockStar, is doing his usual Wednesday night stint at The Mint tonight (until 2:00 am), and then has to be back at work again at the golf tournament at 5:30 a.m. !  I am really, really, really happy that I don't keep his hours!


 He's going to be one tired puppy tomorrow.



In other 'news', I have gotten hooked on a new (to me) game: Ken Ken.




No comments:

Post a Comment