Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Tuesday morning I made a(nother) trip to the post office because some very official looking tax info arrived in Monday's mail.  (I think that's the first corollary to Murphy's Law.)  The tax folks called Tuesday afternoon to say the stuff I mailed on Monday had arrived, so I let them know there would be a second envelope to deal with.  They said it turns out this happens all the time; guess Death and Taxes are not the only sure things!

Tom spent Tuesday smoking huge amounts of ribs  (some beef, some pork) and that evening we had all of  'Our Corner' neighbors over for dinner: Joy & Dick, Hoogie & Angie, and Ben & Esterra with Willie & Julianna.  


Even though it was overcast all day (which made it a littler cooler than the past couple of days) we ate poolside on the patio.  Which was perfect, although Willie, at 18-months, made me more than a tad nervous.  Of course I never took my eyes off of him.  At one point I got the brainstorm to put the Mickey Mouse life jacket on him - except that he wanted NO part of that.  In the past 2 weeks there have already been two child drownings in the the Valley, and as cold as the water still is in the pool (whatever the nighttime lows are) I certainly would not enjoy diving in to rescue him!

Willie had a great time.  He enjoyed chasing the bubbles I was blowing; when I got tired of that game and tried to put them away he let me know (in no uncertain terms!) that he was not done yet! And at one point when he went inside with Tom he headed straight for the cabinet where I keep 'his' blocks.  


Willie is now able to build his own 4- or 5-block towers - 
which he (of course!) then loves to knock down.  Fun, fun, fun!

Here it seems that Willie is trying to entice Julianna to join into the fun - 
and she certainly does look interested!

I guess all that hard work of 'supervising' Tom yesterday (he put on a great spread) and then playing with the kids really wore me out - I not only slept until 9:00 this morning, but did not even hear the phone when it rang and then left a message about my meds this morning!  The only thing planned today is to work on Marilyn's birthday gift, and (depending on how quickly that goes) possibly Sandy's.

No comments:

Post a Comment