Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Another very early morning; not sure why I'm waking up before the crack of dawn (otherwise I'd blame it on the sunrise) but I'm not napping during the day or falling asleep shortly after dinner, so that's a good sign in the 'feeling more energetic' category.  And boy, am I ever ready to be there!!!

I've already gotten my stuff ready to head to quilting (much) later this morning, and since it wouldn't be fair to Tom to make noise getting stuff done around the house I'm 'stuck' at the computer. 

Guess I might as well  post some more pix from the quilt show, right?  (And at some point I'll be done with them, Mom...)


Nice bright Chain Gang:  




For that fisherman in your life:



OR




For your own special Honey Bunny:




Or maybe there's a Wild Woman in your life...




And speaking of wild women, I loved this contemporary treatment of Sunbonnet Sue with Betty Boop - quite original, and effective!


I've always liked heart-themed quilts (already have quite the stash of heart fabrics and patterns) and 'one day' all my ideas will come together.  In the meantime, I just keep 'collecting' heart quilts.




I love peacocks (and the peacock color palette) so it's no surprise Peacock Fantasy caught my eye.




This majestic quilt was stunning:




I liked how she used her stash of cat fabrics in Rim Country Cats.  I've been collecting dog fabrics for years.  And while I know that Someday is not a day of the week, one day, who knows?





Curves are harder than straight edges, but maybe one of these days I'll give them a try (and hope I have a blast like her instead of going bananas...)  In the meantime, I'll just appreciate others' quilts.  :-)




But now it's 6:00 and Tom just got up - so I guess  <sigh> I'll go start cleaning Alex's room, which needs some serious attention!


No comments:

Post a Comment