Thursday, March 28, 2013

The ladies at quilting yesterday were properly impressed with the wedding quilt top (which isn't quite finished).  I'll be excited to be able to share it with all of you once it's quilted and bound and residing with the happy couple in Texas.  But here are some of the pix from yesterday that I can share with you.

Joni showed the next month's Row Along, happy butterflies.

Susan, Louise, Melissa, Joanne and Patty showed off their finished stars from last month's assignment, and a couple of over-achievers already had their butterflies done !

New member Joyce shared this quilt that she made for the 2002 Hoffman Challenge.  While it didn't win a ribbon, it scored quite a coup: it was chosen to tour the country with the ribbon winners, and was also displayed at the Paducah Quilt Show!

Joyce titled it Friends - the back shows why.

Her t-shirt also made us smile.

Pat made this quilt to go with her newly redecorated bedroom... and I think I heard her say it only took her three weeks!!!

Louise made up this very practical steering wheel cover that slips right on when you park.  I may have to whip one up before the weather gets really hot.


Of course I got lots more congrats on winning the machine, and heard (from more than one person) that I 'deserved' to win after this past year.  Don't know about that - seems that everyone deals with stuff in their lives - but I was sure happy to win.

We had a Chinese auction, and I scattered my tickets into various cups.  Didn't actually win (used up all my luck with the sewing machine?) but when Bobbi C. won a book I had my eye on she passed it along to me.  She's a sweetie - and happily she did win some of the other books!

On the way home from quilting I stopped in at Walgreen's to pick up a Rx, and instead of using the drive-thru I went inside because I wanted to grab a package of the refillable coffee pods from the As Seen On TV aisle.  It turns out Tom had already picked up my Rx, so I was just going to buy the pods - but she said he'd also picked them up.  He's going to try them out this morning - if they work (easily washable, no grounds in the coffee, etc.) his morning fix of coffee will just cost a fraction of the cost of the store bought ones.  Definitely worth a try at 4 pods for $9.99.

I was tired and napped some of yesterday afternoon away in front of the TV, which made me a little surprised when I found myself falling asleep on the couch before 9:00.  So it was off to bed for me, where I slept another 8 hours.  

Maybe I was just disappointed over the No-Show NOVA show on PBS last night?  There was a program that sounded right up Tom's alley, "Hunting the Elements" that we planned to watch.
Why are some elements, like platinum and gold, relatively inert while others, like phosphorus and potassium, are violently explosive?  Why are some vital to every breath we take while others are potentially lethal?  Punctuated by surprising and often alarming experiments, NY Times technology writer David Pogue shares some of nature's secrets.


Instead, a there was a program on the meteorite that landed in Russia.  
Still, no real biggie since Hunting the Elements was slated to be repeated on Friday at 3 am and Sunday at 2 pm. Except that when I went to record one of the 'repeats', both turned out to be repeats of the show on the meteorite.  Sigh.

This morning I should get those last two strips onto the quilt, and then I can start piecing the backing.  

So I guess I'd better quit fooling around at the computer and Get To It!

No comments:

Post a Comment