Sunday, March 17, 2013

This afternoon I picked up Carol and we headed over to 35th Ave.  I needed some fabric for the border of the wedding quilt (and ended up with a 'few' other things.  Guess I was 'inspired' by the quilt show yesterday.)  I'd planned to look at their floor model of my new machine while I was there - except that they don't carry that brand any more.  
I'll just go back to my original plan of heading over to Mulqueens tomorrow.

After getting my fabric fix we headed over to the massage school (taking a rather roundabout route) only to find that they were already totally booked for the day.  Unfortunately Carol's 'two-fer' coupon expires today... but we sweet-talked the guy into doing us the same deal for next weekend so it wasn't a total loss.  We were both really looking forward to massage, but dulled the pain of disappointment  by going out for ice cream instead.  However our first try, the Swenson's nearby, had closed, and we couldn't find a 31 Flavors (my car GPS did find us one almost 2000 miles away...) so we 'settled' for blizzards at Dairy Queen.

Back at Carol's I fixed her TV for her (put new batteries in her remotes and got back to the correct Source), hooked up her copy machine (the missing cord had fallen between the machine and the wall), and did some things for her on the computer, so she was quite happy.  I also got to see the two quilt tops she's almost finished.  Amazing that she can still do such beautiful work despite her failing eyesight.  

Three fun days in a row, and I'm still going strong.  

No comments:

Post a Comment