Sunday, March 24, 2013

After what happened last weekend (with our non massages!) I got smart:
I stopped in at the massage school before I picked up Carol yesterday morning (it's right on the way), paid, and got us on the list.  We stopped in at 35th Ave. so I could get the three pieces of fabric I need for my 'new' border idea (lots going on at 35th Ave. - too bad we needed to rush off), and then went for our massages.  We only had to wait maybe 5 minutes for our turns, and when we came out an hour later, folks who had been waiting when we came in were still waiting their turn.  My new plan of attack was definitely a success!

Of course the massage itself was wonderful.  Karina wasn't sure she was up to the deep tissue massage I requested (she's only had one class on that so far, and I could see from her sheet she's just started working with clients... think I was her 4th.) She offered to pass me off to another massage therapist, but I stuck with her, and she did a fine, fine job - my back and shoulder feel MUCH better!  And yes, I definitely let her know just how pleased I was.   
I reminded her that everyone has to start somewhere, and also that I'm well aware the providers are still learning... after all, it is a school.  So she also left the session feeling better (there's that win/win again) and more self-confident.


Carol came back to the house with me (Tom invited her for dinner) and we spent the the afternoon cutting out fabric (my least favorite part of the process, but it's much more fun when there's a friend to chat with) and then watched Mama Mia, finishing up just in time for a delicious dinner.  Great day, right Carol?

And with the fabrics already cut, I should be able to make great progress on the other three borders today.

  Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment