Friday, March 22, 2013

Start your day off with a smile with this optical illusion dance:

I had been feeling more energetic this past week
but yesterday (after sewing all morning and running errands in the afternoon, including a long-needed Target run, a trip to Walgreens to see about getting smaller pill bottles, and waiting in the long line to mail a package at the post office) I ran out of steam and took a nap.  I was also feeling a little under the weather (something I ate?) but did manage to eat a good dinner, and afterwards Tom and I spent the evening moving (heavy) furniture back into Alex's nice clean room.


And now for some more quilt pix.

Red Rock Quilters entered quilts from their challenge, which was titled Endless Possibilities.  I loved their entries!

Endless Possibilities:
With A Little Help From My Friends


Endless Possibilites:
Touch of Blue

Endless Possibilities:
Spring Has Sprung

Endless Possibilities:
Wild and Crazy Round Robin

Endless Possibilities:
Summer Kaleidoscope


While these colors don't especially grab me, I loved her idea to use the various fabrics from elsewhere in her home (curtains? pillows?)
 
to create this perfect piece for her home!

There were also several  absolutely spectacular quilted chairs made by AQG President Pat Benner that I (sadly) did not get pix of.  Some people are just SO talented!!!

Landscape quilts, like this Flyin' In, are on my "to do someday" list.


This appliqued More Flowers For My Quilts was beautiful - I'm always stunned when quilts like this don't capture a ribbon.  The amount of work that went into this is incredible.

More Flowers For My Quilts detail:

And that's it for today's quilt tour.  Things to do, places to go! (lunch with Renee at Le Chalet)

No comments:

Post a Comment