Wednesday, March 13, 2013

This morning was the Foothills monthly meeting.  I was bummed that I forgot to bring my camera with me - and after the meeting was over, even more bummed when I realized that I could have taken pix with my phone. DUH!  

Mary gave a demo on how to make a Kindle stand.  Although I was quite naturally confused at first (as I like to tell the ladies, there's one in every crowd) it turns out that it might be a 'do-able' project for me, so at some point I may attempt it.  It would also work as a recipe book holder for (someone else's) kitchen counter.

Laura (another penguin collector)  returned a quilt pattern book I'd (forgotten that I'd) loaned her, and as a thank-you for its use surprised me with a fat quarter of cheery penguin fabric.  

Darlene showed the blue and yellow quilt she made with fabrics she got from me (in exchange for Julianna'a quilt) and it really turned out great. Too bad I don't have a picture to share.  

Louise finished her BOM top from 2012, and we all think that once it's quilted she should enter it in next year's AQG show.  Really wish I'd taken a picture of it with my phone to share with you!

Ruth had one of the best 'Tells' during Show & Tell.  A friend of hers had an epiphany on the toilet (probably not the first time that's happened!) 

Her brainstorm occurred when she noticed that the pattern on the toilet paper would make a perfect quilting design.  To make a long (but funny) story short, she and friends started hitting the bathrooms at various places and collecting 'samples' of the various TPs; they also started looking at paper towels and napkins for the same reason.  Then Ruth's friend worked up a sampler (white on white) using many of the designs.  Wish Ruth had had a picture to share. 

No comments:

Post a Comment