Monday, March 18, 2013

I was really 'inspired' yesterday - spent a good part of the late afternoon and well into the evening mucking off my quilting table and surrounding area; and also pulled everything out of one of the bottom cabinets (yes, of course there are several more stuff cabinets down there to go) and rearranged things.  
While I didn't toss as much as Tom might have liked, I did manage to (finally) part with stuff that I'd been saving but realized (admitted?) I probably would never get around to using; all that stuff is now in the pile for next month's quilting yard sale at Colleen's.  

Despite my busy past 3 days I was still wide awake at 11:30 last night (I kid you not!) so I took a Lunesta.  That did the trick - except I woke up at 4:00 this morning, and finally got out of bed at 5:00 (which is why I have more of my favorite quilt show pix ready to be posted!)



Of course there were quite a number of beautiful AZ-themed quilts:



tortoise detail:





Arizona just turned 100 last year; check the side borders for a view of the fabric specially designed to celebrate that!


Love the AZ 'decals' at the top


Amazing detail on this!

Prehistoric Hunting

The artist's first attempt (!) at thread painting went pretty well, don't you think?


Simple but effective saguaros


And Saguaro Sentinels was truly stunning....



It's still too early to head over to Mulqueens, but think I'll go finish up my quilt room before the rest of the gang wakes up (hope it doesn't shock Tom into another cardiac arrest!)  

But speaking of Mulqueens, one last picture.  As I was finishing up the last row of vendors, I stopped in at the King's Quilt & Vacuum booth (their store is right by QUILTZ) to admire this embroidered wall hanging.    
The woman, of course, offered to sell me an embroidery machine, which offer I politely declined.  We did chat for a while, and I'm going to have to let her know that I WON, I WON, I WON  the embroidery machine at the show.  

No comments:

Post a Comment