Monday, March 25, 2013


I know yesterday was a beautiful day outside, but I was on a mission (like Alex with the jack-in-the-box), and sewed all day.  

And guess what?  Right before dinner I finished up the design part of all 4 borders!  Of course I still have to 'sash' both sides of all of them before I can add them to the quilt, but it's looking quite possible that I'll have the entire top finished (!!!) in time to take to Busy Bees Show & Tell on Wednesday.  

If I also found time to get the back pieced I would be able to hand it off to Pennie for quilting then - but the more likely scenario is me taking it over to her house at some later date.

Carolyn's coming over this morning to transfer pix I took at the February Foothills meeting (she's the official  poster-of-the-pix onto our website, and was out of town for that meeting.)  She'd also like the pix from the January meeting, which she also had to miss (and which I know I also took pix of!) but 'somehow' not only were they never downloaded to the computer, they are MIA on the camera.  I'm thinking that when I recently cleared all of the 2012 pix from the camera I accidentally included those January pix.  Bummer!
(Note to Lisa: I can do that!)

Then it's off to pick up Teresa and take her to lunch.  She fell off a ladder a few weeks ago (trimming trees) and broke her ankle in 3 places.  It's been hard to get together since she and Kaye retired a year ago.... they've been off riding their horses here, there, and everywhere.  The 'good' thing about her mishap is that now that she's 'grounded' for the duration we can spend some time together; I know we have lots of girl-gabbing to catch up on.

It's been a week since Alex moved into his apartment...
 (of course!) he loves it!

Enjoy your week.  I know Patti will... she's on Spring Break, which means she finally has time to just sit and read!


No comments:

Post a Comment