Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Ready for more quilt show pix?  


Batiks make beautiful quilts, as seen by this Batik Bonanza!



A great way to use up all of those different shades of red!


This fellow was stunning - and obviously the judges agreed!


Beautiful workmanship - definitely deserved its ribbons!


My finger, for scale, lets you see how tiny these pieces are.  
(I may have been dared, Sheila....but it's never gonna happen!)


Also in the Ain't Gonna Happen category:
Learning to piece (!) and putting 280 pieces in a 6-inch block?  Plus it's not a small beginner project: look how many different blocks were in the quilt!
Here's a close-up of one 6" block that has 80 pieces just in its HST border - 
A lot of us thought it deserved at least an honorable mention.


The appliqued center really set off the rest of this pieced quilt.



The visual impact of this memorial quilt conveyed Sandra's feelings of loss.


Lilies for Lisa :-)



This 3D Autumn Glory was magnificent!


Pedro reminded me of Pablo, Mary!
I'm glad the White Glover suggested I take a peek at the impressive back of the quilt.


Everyone mentioned these butterflies; easy to see why!



I wanted to try and get the effect of all the appliqued scraps, so I only took this close up.  It was a large quilt, 'blank' except for the nest.


Don't think it belonged to this guy <g> who was quite majestic.


This whimsical quilt may not have been as true to nature as some of the preceding ones, but it was definitely an eye-catcher.


Tom really liked this Hubble-inspired one.



Still have lots more pix to share, but I'm feeling inspired to sew so it's off to my clean, neat 'room' to get to work!  


Sandy's birthday is next week, so I guess I really ought to work on her gift so I can get it in the mail soon.

(Marilyn figured out how hers worked, so Sandy probably will also. <G>)

No comments:

Post a Comment