Sunday, March 3, 2013

Saturday I woke up feeling energized - 
I did 3 loads of laundry and and changed the sheets, swept off the back patio (which really needed it), made a library run (2 books waiting for me), picked up Rx at Walgreen's (one for Tom, one for me), paid bills, mucked my desk (though I never do seem to get to the bottom of the pile) and just generally caught up on stuff around the house.  Lisa was also doing laundry, and figured that was a good time to call and chat.  It's always nice to hear from her, and I enjoyed catching up on stuff. 

Later in the afternoon I popped over to visit with Patti and admire her finished project (a purse for her friend Donna.)  Not long after I got home Estera and Ben and Willie (and some friends) came over to get some (more) lemons and grapefruit. Even though they filled bags and bags they did not make a dent in our citrus.  
Where's Marilyn when I need her? <G>

Sunday morning Tom tackled the orchid tree, and I helped.  My main job was holding the ladder steady while he used the chain saw.  I tried to stay out of the way of falling limbs, but at one point had to holler at him to stop so he could come down and remove a downed limb that had pinned me against the trunk!  Of course it looks better without all those dead-looking branches; as he said once he was all done, we should have taken before/after pix. It's a beautiful tree (like this one) when it blooms.

Bulk trash pick-up is tomorrow, and our pile is mammoth because of all the dead stuff we've had to trim.  Technically there's a limit (which I'm sure we've gone way over!) but I'm guessing we're not the only ones with larger-than-usual piles this go round.

We do have an incredible amount of leaves now on the ground in the 'jungle' section of the yard after all the trimming; they really need to be raked up before they find their way into the nice, clean pool.  But with my left arm out of commission I can't do it, and Alex is sick (when he's not at work he's sleeping) so he's not up for it.  Guess Tom will get to have all the fun...

In the afternoon Tom ran errands, and invited me to go with him.  I declined, and shortly after he left I fell asleep on the couch while watching TV.  When I woke up I transferred to the bed, where I dozed until Alex came home from work and woke me up.

And that was my 'exciting' weekend.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment