Sunday, March 10, 2013

Saturday was chilly here (yes, I know a lot of you are laughing at my definition of chilly) so it was a good day to stay in and sew. At least it looks like we may finally be finished with winter; it's going to get warm this week and could hit 90 by next weekend. 
I finished sashing another 7 blocks, sewed them together, and then added that row to the quilt. Only one more row to go - and then I can work up the borders!

This morning I slept in and got a late start to the day. I had hoped to make serious progress on the final quilt row today, but that didn't really happen. MaƱana, maybe?

I did call my sister this morning; found out last night that her beloved dog Trudy (who has been failing for some time) is no longer with us so I figured Marilyn could use an extra 'hug' today. 

 She's currently gearing up for her onslaught of hummingbirds - at the height of the season she goes through 2 gallons a day (!) filling up her many feeders .  

I make ours up only a quart at a time - and that still last our several feeders several days. 

Today got some laundry done, set the gates for irrigation (which I found out this evening has been cancelled because of the recent rain), picked up a 5-gallon-bucketful of lemons that came down in yesterday's wind (still didn't get them all), cleaned the pool filter (lots of leaves because of that wind), pulled some weeds (the recent rain made that a 'should do', but I did not seem to make a noticeable dent) and did other assorted piddly stuff around the house and yard. Most importantly I finished the Sunday NY Times crossword puzzle (except for one letter) which always feels good.

And that was my weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment