Sunday, March 17, 2013

Been editing my pix from yesterday's quilt show (resizing, cropping, saving in the correct format so they don't post sideways, etc.)  I don't have them all done, but since I wouldn't want to post all of them in one post anyway thought I'd post of the ones I've 'fixed'.

Here's where I hung out much of the afternoon (and where I was when I got the news that I WON the sewing machine), selling raffle tickets for the Busy Bees Opportunity Quilt. It was pieced by Sandy Steele (who volunteered during much of the show) and quilted by Melissa Turner (who volunteered all day every day.)
Tickets will be available (the usual $1 apiece, or 6 for $5) throughout the year; the drawing will be held at our annual holiday party in December.  And it could be yours for only a $1 investment!  
As I proved yesterday, it only takes one entry to win!

Of course there were a number of other guild chapters that were also selling raffle tickets for their opportunity quilts (in addition to one from AQG), and I dutifully spent $1 on any/all of them that I "wouldn't mind" winning. <G>  But for some unknown reason I didn't take pix of all of them.  In any evernt, here are a couple that did make it onto my camera.



I rub shoulders with many very accomplished artists.  
Here are some of the award winners I know  :-)

My friend Karin, from Kingman


Sharon Lichter, Chapter Chair of Foothills and also a Busy Bee

Linda Puttmann, member of Foothills 
(she's the friend who who did all that wonderful work on my HUGS quilt)


At the end of the show, when I was sitting waiting for Patty to bring her car around to the front so we could load in my NEW SEWING MACHINE, there was a woman sitting next to me with a quilting bag.  Would you believe that when I commented on it, it turned out that Jane, the artist of note, was in the booth where we were resting!  I wanted to get a picture of her with the bag, but she declined.  Maybe she's related to Marilyn?  

And in the Did You Know department - Sally and Hartly showed me these at lunch yesterday. Too bad my picture came out so blurry.


And just to finish off today with a big splash of color (and make up for the blurry Tootie Roll Pops) here are 2 quilts that I especially liked.  Color is good!




I hope everyone enjoyed this first installment (of many!) of the 2013 AQG Quilt Show.  Stay tuned over the next several days as I continue to post some more of my favorites.

No comments:

Post a Comment