Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Yesterday Tom had his initial visit with his new PCP, Dr. Anderson.  
The doc was very surprised 
that Tom was no longer on any of the heart Rx that were prescribed upon his hospital release (they were either a 7 or 14 day supply), but a call to the cardiologist confirmed that was indeed a mistake.  Looks like Tom's case fell through the cracks.  

However, before the cardiologist will re-prescribe, he (of course) first wants to see Tom.  As in this morning. (Tom's next scheduled visit would have been 3 weeks from now.)  So quilting this morning is out.  

At this rate the ladies may never get their thermorests....

In better news, I made great progress on my (last!!!) set of blocks, getting almost done with them yesterday before I realized that I was getting tired and had better stop.  

Because it definitely takes MUCH longer to rip out than to sew!!!

But with nothing planned (!!!) for this afternoon, I am hoping to finish them up - which would be a very exciting milestone.  

I feel like I have been working on this quilt for a long time.  
And in fact I have 
since I was less than energetic in 2012, 
'possibly' due to the chemo and radiation. 

But 2013 will be a much more productive year, 
especially in the quilting department!

Still looks pretty chilly out, but the temps do seem to be rising a bit each day.  Last night was the 5th (!!!!!) of freezing temps, but may have been the end of this ridiculous cold spell.  

Here's hoping we've seen the last of freezing temps for a VERY long time.

There was actually a report on the news that yesterday morning a vehicle had slammed into a plate glass window at a car dealership here in Phoenix - after skidding on ice!  

No comments:

Post a Comment