Wednesday, January 9, 2013

When I go to bed at 8:30, I really shouldn't be surprised to wake up at 3:00.  
And it does make leaving at 7:00 for my early chemo appointment that much easier.

Yesterday I raked up  a whole bunch of leaves (before we get irrigation tomorrow) easily filling one of the big green cans; I was selective about where I raked, hoping to help keep the pool at least a little bit cleaner.  Of course with 2 huge cottonwoods and 2 oversize mulberry trees, I barely made a dent in the leaves.  
Tom, of course, can't help, and Alex has made himself very scarce these days. 

Willie came over to visit Sunday and help cheer up Tom. I had the blocks stacked and waiting for him which elicited a big smile as soon he saw them.  And now he's not only knocking down block towers but also building them up.  He's also jabbering away... hard to tell if it's Romanian gibberish or English gibberish.

The really great news is that his 5-week-old baby sister is making great progress in the NICU, and may be able to finally come home in another week or two.

Bonnie gave me a lead yesterday on what may be the issue with my shoulder: frozen shoulder.  

I'd never heard of it, but have since read up on it - and it seems to fit the bill.  Apparently it's very common in women undergoing treatment for breast cancer, and it did start around the time of radiation.  Remember me complaining about having to remain absolutely still, sometimes for up to an hour, in a very uncomfortable position?  

FROZEN SHOULDER is probably one of the most painful and debilitating conditions faced in the chiropractic clinic. What's more it remains extremely painful, and disabling, for a long period time, if not properly managed. Up to three years. Simple daily activities like taking off a t-shirt or putting on a coat, even combing one's hair become an ordeal. Sleep is invariably disturbed, which is why it gets such a high Quick DASH rating.

I will definitely follow-up on that with both oncologists.  The good news is that it eventually goes away, and (possibly) can be helped with exercises.  

No comments:

Post a Comment