Monday, January 14, 2013

I had a good visit with my surgeon - passed all my tests, although apparently I will never be 'rid' of her, or vice versa; she says she'll want to see me again in 6 months.  However I can go 12 months until having my next mammogram, which bodes well.

Next I went to have my shoulders x-rayed.  Considering the waiting room was totally full when I got there, guess I was lucky I only had to wait about 45 minutes for my turn.  

(And yes, the waiting room was totally empty when I left.)  I'll be curious to see if it indicates any rotator cuff issues, or arthritis, etc.  If nothing shows up we'll assume it's the Arimidex, and try a different drug.

Quick stop at JoAnn's for the Pellon so I can try my hand at the cookie baskets.  I brought a 50% off coupon in with me, although it turned out the Pellon was on sale.  I might have used the coupon instead to pick up a pair of the craft gloves (my left thumb joint has been bothering me more than usual) but 'somehow' the coupon disappeared while I was waiting my turn at the cutting table.

It's quite chilly out today, only 40 degrees when I got home at 1:00 this afternoon.  I feel really badly for anyone who is vacationing in the Valley of the Sun this week, and isn't getting a chance to lie outside by the pool and gloat to friends back home.  It could just as easily be in the 70s in January - but not this week!   
Carolyn just stopped by to drop off the block she embellished for me.  It's going to be perfect in the center of Zach & Bekkah's quilt!

And now I think I may try to finish up the current set of 9 blocks this afternoon.

No comments:

Post a Comment