Wednesday, January 2, 2013



I enjoyed this juggling clip Mary shared with me (just don't expect it to show up in MY juggling routine any time soon!)

For those of you who want a little more juggling excitement, check out these two guys...

This morning was the annual Foothills Board Meeting at Sharon's house.  (I love seeing all of her beautiful quilts out and about.)  One of her Christmas gifts was gift certificate for a hot air balloon ride, and check out what the grandchildren made to hold the GC:

  We set up the budget for 2013, and Linda went over her plethora of great ideas for programs for the coming year; she came up with so many there's no way we'll be able to do them all!  I'm looking forward to them; too bad I have to miss the first one next Wednesday.  (Tom has an appointment with the cardiologist on Tuesday, so my chemo had to get switched to Wednesday.)
   
But just this second the phone rang - and would you believe it was the oncologist's office wanting to switch me from next Wednesday to Friday?  Of course at first she wanted me there in the morning, but that's when I'm due to be at school as the Word Wizard.  So now I'm just waiting to hear back to see if they have room for me in the afternoon.

Tom is doing better in the 'not lifting things' department.  However he hasn't been wearing his TED stockings 'because he's healing just fine'.  Of course his incisions healing nicely have nothing to do with him being at risk for a stroke.  No surprise I left for my meeting this morning very frustrated and stressed, so when the ladies all asked how Tom was doing they got to listen to me vent.  

Afterwards Linda and Viola and I went out for lunch at the Paradise Bakery, then I picked up a book at the library and a couple of Rx at the drug store.  Once home I did get to visit a little while with John, who had driven up from Tucson to 'check up' on Tom.

This afternoon Garry called from Canada, and apparently read Tom the riot act with regard to following doctors' orders (his wife Karin reads my blog) and Tom wanted to know what I was posting on my blog.  (The truth, maybe?!?!)  

But he did decide to put his stockings on.  
And as if that wasn't enough good news, in today's mail I got a health insurance refund check - for a whopping $1.05 (any thoughts on how I should spend it?)


No comments:

Post a Comment