Saturday, January 19, 2013

Lots of fun at Bunco last night (as always)

although with my very average showing (9 wins, 9 losses) I was not a money winner.  But at the end of the evening I came so close to winning at Left/Right/Center, with more than $60 at stake.  Of course close only counts in horseshoes (and hand grenades.)

At the end it was down to just Samantha and me, each of us with one dollar left.  When it was my turn to roll the die (listening to chants of "left, left" from my left, and "right, right" from my right), instead of the dot I wanted, it came up Center, thus awarding her the pot.

But Helene won Most Buncos (with 4!), so with her big wad of cash it was a good thing she had me as her bodyguard to walk home with!


Today was a delightful, social day.

Lisa and Chas are in town to help a friend celebrate her 21st birthday tonight, 
and came by the house to pick up some things. 

Her school is having a Penny War (to raise funds for the literary magazine, something near and dear to her heart) so I donated this poundage of pennies I've been saving for just such an occasion.

Shortly thereafter Bonnie and Suzie arrived.  Even though I'd never met Suzie before, it turns out that Bonnie had turned her on to my blog, so she 'sort of'' knew me already. I caught up quickly.  :-)

In a bit the 6 of us went out for a delicious lunch at Wildflower (I never get tired of their yummy food!) and once back at the house we looked at one of Tom's photo albums from 'the old days'.

Of course there were the inevitable comments of 'look how young we were' (which was not surprising given the fact that it was 35 ago) and Lisa got to hear stories about her dad with some new interesting facts.

It was a most enjoyable afternoon and I was sorry when everyone had to leave.  Tom certainly enjoyed his stroll down Memory Lane, though it was the most walking he'd done lately <G> and it definitely wore him out.

Before heading back, Bonnie showed me some wonderful exercises to deal with my shoulder before it actually becomes frozen. Even though I can only move it so far in certain directions before the pain stops me, I was surprised that it didn't hurt when she moved it. And the exercises, using a wall, do the same thing!

In other news, I'll be taking a brief break from working on the quilt (which Bonnie and Suzie approved of) to whip up a name bib for one of Lisa's fellow teachers who had a little boy last week. Maybe I can trade the bib for a helicopter...

No comments:

Post a Comment