Saturday, January 5, 2013

Friday had its share of annoyances, none of which will matter 5 years (or even 5 days) from now.  But some things do make me wonder.  Like WHY does the movie theater only use 1 of its 16 (!) ticket windows when there are at least 30 people waiting in line to buy tickets?  (To be honest, I have NEVER EVER seen them use the 8 windows on the east side of the entry way. Still, only 1 out of 'only' 8 windows open on the west side isn't such a great batting average.)  And why have those automatic ticket machines outside the theater if they never work?

My printer is down (well, just needs a new color ink cartridge) so I thought I'd submit my AQG quilt show entries electronically, one of the available options on the Quilt Show site:
Entry Form - Webfill, save, and e-mail (available to AQG members only)

I had no problem bringing up the form and typing in all the info... but it would not save!  When I tried attaching my 'completed' form to an e-mail it showed up blank.  (Sure glad I checked before sending it!)  After 2 additional tries with the same results, I asked Lisa for help (which I have sworn not to do.... her constant eye-rolling is very annoying.)  

She, of course, pointed out where it said you could not save the form!  (So how are you supposed to enter electronically???)  

At Tom's suggestion I printed up the forms (at least that worked) and scanned them back in (which seems to negate the whole paperless thing) and attached pix of my quilts and tried (again) to e-mail my entries to AQG.... except that I got an error message saying that the file was too large.

By then I'd been at it about an hour, and my patience was growing thin, so I decided I'd go the snail mail route after all; the deadline isn't until January 18. 

But first I needed photos of the quilts, and no way to print them at home.  Walgreens will do it, but the last time I tried to send photos there my computer wouldn't talk to their computer.  So I called and got a real live person so walk me through it.  Of course their computer remembered my computer from that previous attempt - and didn't want to let me set up a new account.  Her suggestion was to use a different e-mail address (I don't have another e-mail address!) but after an Act of Congress (and you know how slow they are!) we did eventually convince the computer to let me place my 2 photo order (grand total: 41 cents)


Don't you just love how computers have made our lives easier???  Now I'm off to Walgreens to pick up the photos so I can mail everything off to AQG.  

No comments:

Post a Comment