Tuesday, January 1, 2013

 

And to start your year off with a smile, 
here is today's entry on my F in Exams calendar.
Can't argue with that logic... but don't think it was quite the answer the teacher was hoping for!

We got a phone call from Home Health this morning - the Physical Therapist wanted to come by in an hour.  Tom and I were both surprised that he would be working on New Year's Day - but it's not like we had partied late into the night so that was fine.  (We watched a movie, ate Haagen Dazs ice cream, and were asleep by 10:00.)  But these party animals look like they had fun!

Collins was pleased to see how well Tom was moving, etc.  As for the pain issue...
he agreed with me that 'maybe' (!) if Tom would start following restrictions re pushing/pulling/lifting (like not returning the refilled water purifier, at least 15 pounds, to the frig) he would reduce stress on his sternum and pectoral muscles, and help with the healing.
All of Tom's stubbornness is putting stress on me.  (I acquiesced to his request not to return to the hospital after my chemo the day of his surgery even though I wanted to be there; would be nice if he'd return the favor!)

I'm venting my frustrations at the sewing machine, improving upon my Word Wizard costume today.  Pictures will appear at some point in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment