Friday, January 18, 2013

Another exciting morning of running errands.  
(Betty, this post is with you in mind...)

Tom needed me to mail a package at the post office, so I figured it would be a good time to get Mom's packet of clippings in the mail.  I thought I'd whip up a label on the label maker since Tom had gone to great lengths to finally (I thought) get the correct labels for it.  Here is what it printed up:
Because the post office has enough headaches already (and I really would like Mom to get the enclosed clippings) I addressed the envelope by hand and headed off.  Since I need singles for Bunko tonight and thus planned to go through the line and get change from a $20 bill, I brought my cane in with me - it's proven to be a big help when I know I'm going to be standing.  There wasn't a terribly long wait (probably because they were staffing 4 windows) and when it was my turn I stepped up and leaned my cane against the counter. 

My transaction took longer than it should have because the clerk didn't have enough singles for my change and had to go scrounge some up.  Since I don't need my cane to walk, when I was finally done it was easy to walk off sans cane.  Happily someone waiting in line noticed and called it to my attention.

Next I decided to swing by the bank to deposit two checks before they expired.  Although due to their amounts ($1.05 and $1.38) that wouldn't have been much of a crisis, a penny saved is a penny earned, 
so I pulled up to the drive through.  But neither check would register with the machine (and it certainly wasn't worth parking and waiting in line inside) so I'm still in possession of those pieces of paper.

There's a car wash across the street from the bank (the one where Alex used to work) and since my car was pretty dirty I figured I'd run through there since I was 'in the neighborhood', even though it's several dollars pricier than the one on 35th & Greenway with the powerful free vacuums.  Turns out that the price for the basic wash had gone up a dollar since my last visit... AND the free hoses (I tried 3 different ones) had so little 'oomph' they had trouble picking up threads (!) left over from when I did some cross-stitching on our mini-vacation back in the Fall.

And (Betty) that was my exciting morning!  And how is your day going?


It's a glorious day outside (I actually got too warm this morning in just a light-weight top) and I plan to do some raking outside (after first switching to a t-shirt.)  NICE change from the recent arctic blast!  Then I need to tidy up inside before our visitors (a couple of Tom's exes) arrive tomorrow morning.  The cleaning ladies are coming for their monthly cleaning Monday, so I'd let things slide a bit.  But don't want to be embarrassed tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment