Wednesday, January 23, 2013

I swung by quilting this morning (where the ladies were working busily on charity quilts) and delivered a bunch of the thermorests.  Then I popped over to Carol's (she needed a few extra hugs - yesterday was the year anniversary of her husband's death, after more than 50 years together.)  

And, of course, I stopped at the fabric store to pick up more sashing material.  There were only 3 yards left on the last remaining bolt of that color, although it is on order... which is good because I will probably need a little more at some point.  But at least I can get working again until this yardage runs out.  

On the way home I stopped at Colleen's to deliver her (and Sandy's) thermorests.  Colleen has been babysitting for her grandchildren M-F for the past several years (and today I got to meet the newest one, 7-month-old Harrison) so she doesn't get to come to 'come out and play' at quilting any more.  But at some point the kids will all be old enough for school (although Harrison will be getting a new cousin sometime this year) and she'll get to rejoin us.  

I just wish I'd had my camera with me to take a pic of one of her latest (paper-pieced) quilts, which was beautiful.

And speaking of beautiful, it certainly is a bee-yoo-tee-ful day; I'll be curious to find out if it actually gets up to 82 and breaks the record.  

I spent a fair amount of time this afternoon in the backyard, raking leaves now that the huge cottonwood and mulberry trees have finally shed the last of their leaves.  Alex got up on the roof and swept that off, so I won't have to keep sweeping the front porch again, and again, and again every time the wind blows a new batch of leaves down.....kind of like Sisyphus from Greek mythology, who had to keep pushing that same boulder up that same hill over and over again.


Now I think I'll go soak in the hot tub - at least until I get too warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment