Thursday, March 10, 2022

Yesterday (Wednesday) I started sewing the sleeve onto my show quilt, and then finished it at home during the evening.  Today I got a call from Sheri at TOQS, letting me know that she'll be accepting quilts in another week. 


At Foothills I received a very touching note from Ila, telling me how much she enjoyed my class and appreciated my help, along with this wonderful t-shirt she made for me.  The sentiment on the shirt cracked me up.  It was very appropriate, because when I was giving most instructions (of things TO do, or NOT to do) I usually added, "Ask me how I know."


JoAn, who had stressed some about the class, 

ended up liking the pattern so much 

that she made another Wonky 9-patch and brought it to show me.  


I forgot all about the bags of high-grade tweezers I'd brought home from the VOS retreat (saving them from the threat of ending up in the landfill) until tweezers appeared as one 'favorite tool' at yesterday's meeting.  So I popped out to the car to retrieve them from under the seat where I'd stashed (and then forgotten) them, and was pleased when they all found new homes.


During Show & Tell I shared the placemats, my book quilt, and the in-progress baby quilt.





In the afternoon I went to the lab for my blood draw, choosing my 'usual' 2:00 time.  It wasn't too busy when I got there, but just after my arrival more than half a dozen folks showed up.  Some must have had appts because many of them got called before me, which meant I was little late getting home to feed Brownie... but he forgave me.


Later I tried to mail Tami her placemats, but Merci closes at 4:00, not 5:00, so I took care of that this morning before PT.  Hope she enjoys the surprise!




Teri and I enjoyed lunch together at Panini (her first time there, but she assured me it definitely won't be her last) before heading headed to 35th Ave. for backing fabric.  We found these happy clouds:



And as of dinner time tonight, the top was all done!


So in the morning I'll piece the backing, and then deliver to Monica after the gym!

No comments:

Post a Comment