Sunday, March 20, 2022

 A little behind with my posting...


THURSDAY I finished up the binding on the baby quilt during my ten minute wait after dry needling (and yes, Sonia loved it.)  And I now have a term, "motor planning", for what I'm doing when I'm having to think about my foot (like stepping off of a curb.)


Mary came by in the early afternoon to catch me up on her trip, which while exhausting was everything she'd hoped.  She brought me back a lovely shawl, and I thought I'd wear it to Barb's memorial on Saturday...


Mary was glad she had a chance to see the completed baby quilt before it was leaving with Teri later that day, and praised the final result.  (I am a little sorry that Alex won't also get to see it.)


Teri picked up the baby quilt in the late afternoon, and she was absolutely thrilled with the way it had turned out.  


 

She is disappointed that she'll need to wait to post photos on FB until after the reveal, when she gifts it to her DIL at the baby shower the beginning of April.  


Teri brought me a GC to 35th Ave. as a thank you, assuming (correctly!) that I wouldn't have much difficulty spending it.


FRIDAY I arrived at the gym early enough to get in ten minutes on the elliptical.  While I 'walked' I watched a guy working out on the floor, and was duly impressed with his standing jumps up onto two stacked boxes.  When I went over later to check them out  I saw that they were labeled 18" and 24" inches, so it really was quite a hefty leap.  



My workout at the gym was mostly good.  It included some sideways high-stepping over the hurdles, which was fine in one direction, when leading with my good foot, though definitely necessitated motor planning when going the other way, leading with the bad.  


It was the deadlifts with the medicine ball that did me in.  


I have tried to do everything Davon has asked of me, but was concerned about those.  

Sure enough I was achy for the rest of the day.


Still I "managed" <g> to shop at the huge quilter's estate sale with Laura, coming home with a large box of wonderful yardage, thanks to Laura who loaned me a check. While I did have a fair amount of cash with me, it wasn't enough.

I think, like her, I'll now start keeping a check in my wallet for 'emergencies' like that.  


On the way to lunch we stopped at Bank of America so I could withdraw cash to repay Laura, and suffice to say it turned into a prolonged comedy of errors, sort of like The Three Stooges Try to Use the ATM.  What a production!!! 


Eventually we got it taken care of, and then lunched at Panini.


It was a first visit for her, and of course she also loved it.


SATURDAY I had planned to attend the Celebration of Life for Barb.

but sadly had awoken to find that I was down for the count.  


Thus I spent the day horizontal on the heating pad (when I wasn't soaking in the hot tub) though I did manage to get dressed (carefully!) and drive over the jeweler to pick up my ring when they called to say it was ready.


I wore the new jeans I had ordered, and they fit well.  When FedEx delivered the package to the front porch I had been on the couch (where I spent all day) and Brownie had let out one little bark.  So glad he has an "off" switch, unlike some dogs.


I spoke with Ann, and we've come up with a Plan B for our lunch together when I'm in.  


It makes more sense to eat at one of our homes instead of out and about at a restaurant, where we have no control over other people's health status.  Ann's apartment, originally Plan A, may be out of commission (some sort of work is scheduled) and Rachelle's condo has a step down into the living room, so I suggested Andy & Sandy's house since Ann has never been there.  Figured I'd be picking Ann up and taking her home, but when I called Rachelle to let her know Plan B she 'tweaked' it to Plan C, saying since she lives not far from there SHE'd pick up Ann and bring her over.  


SUNDAY I naturally hoped (though hadn't really expected) to wake up with my back miraculously better today.  But guess what...


At least my back does seems to be slightly better, and I'm hoping that isn't just wishful thinking.  I had thought about starting to set aside clothes, etc. for my trip East (our delightful weather makes it a tad difficult to pack for Winter, and I certainly don't want to forget anything crucial!) Obviously that won't be happening today; instead it looks like another day of forced relaxing.


I do have a chiropractor visit scheduled for tomorrow, and looks like I'll really need it!

No comments:

Post a Comment