Sunday, March 13, 2022

 My purse had gotten heavy (though it had definitely helped once I removed my gym lock from it!) so before heading to the PAQA quilt show (with Carol and JoAn) I decided to muck it out.  


Then I went through my wallet, removing some of the extraneous stuff that had accumulated in there - which is when I found a forgotten $300+ check "buried" that had come in the end of the year but hadn't been deposited.  

I miss the convenience of the bank branch near me, which had the nerve to close.

Since we were going to be passing right by the next-closest one on our way to the show (and the ladies were okay with the 'detour') I swung by that ATM to deposit it.  (Still haven't solved the electronic deposit issue.)

That did not go well.  For some reason (and I started from scratch twice, once with Carol's 'help') the screen never gave me the option to Deposit (though the last time I was there I didn't have any issue.) 

Obviously I will have to make a trip over when the bank is open, and voice my displeasure.


The quilt show was fun, and (not surprisingly) bumped into several quilters I knew.  One was Melodie, who mentioned that she'd never gotten the check from me.  So when I got home I checked; it was written on Feb. 23 but never cashed.  Figured I'd just send her another one - and guess what had arrived in yesterday's mail and was waiting for her when she got home?

I knew that the mail was slower these days - but three weeks to travel about ten miles? 


I hadn't 'planned' <g> to buy anything (ok, hadn't planned to buy much!) at the show.  But there was woman at a booth selling UFOs from her mom, a (very talented!) quilter who had recently died.  For $20 I picked up this incredible bargain, in lovely blue/brown batiks.



And her daughter (not a quilter) was happy that one of her mother's beauties was finding a very appreciative home.  

And yes, I "probably" will attend the upcoming sale of yardage at her house next weekend.

Why? 


Took lots of photos, and once I send them from my phone to my e-mail and then crop/resize them I will likely post some.  


However the main thing on today's agenda is to write up the Busy Bee blurb for the next AQG Chatter, because that deadline is imminent!



Afterward Carol and JoAn and I went out for lunch yesterday.  We had thought to eat someplace near the show (at Glendale and Central) but my phone would not connect; whatever Tom did to keep it from roaming when here at home did wouldn't let it connect at all. 

Which is how we ended up at Cane's (near Metro Center) which was a first visit for Carol (who had heard good things about it and was more than willing to give it a try) though JoAn and I already knew how yummy their chicken is.


In the afternoon I spoke with Ann, who had called the house phone and left a message asking me to call her back. Turns out that she had some concerns about the upcoming get-together lunch when I'm visiting in a couple of weeks.  I will say that she seemed a little 'fuzzy' at times, which was a bit concerning.


Though not really that strange since she will turn 103 in May.


Afterward I checked in with Rachelle, the upshot being that I will call Ann back next weekend and sort things out.  


NowI'll go take a soak before getting busy on today's agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment