Saturday, March 12, 2022

Friday morning I finished piecing the backing literally just as timer went off to head to the gym.  Though I didn't get there early enough to do much more than warm up on the elliptical, I did have another excellent workout with Davon.  Wore my new shirt, and of course he asked "how I knew".

I wanted to shoot Ila an e-mail letting her know.  Unfortunately my Foothills roster was seriously out-of-date, from Jan 2018 (!) - which was before she joined.  While updated rosters have come out, my old list may have had "something" to do with all the printing issues I've encountered over the years.  


In any event I've remedied that situation now.


Afterward I headed to Monica's to drop off the baby quilt.  While driving there on the 101 I got a phone call, but there is still an issue with the car talking to my phone; I could BARELY hear!  It was Nicole, at the Cleaning Authority, letting me know that the crew was running ahead of schedule.  Since I wasn't yet to my destination there was NO way I'd be back home by the start of the time window.  So I asked the car to call Tom, but couldn't hear him at all.  Once I arrived at Monica's I called directly through my phone, and Tom had gotten the call but could BARELY hear me. 

 

Bluetooth had been happy with my flip phone and worked just fine, so I have no idea why there are these continuing issues with the smart phone.  Obviously Alex needs to do some more tweaking!



Monica had Jan's puzzle quilt on her frame (love the black and white and red!) but mine would be next.  She'll definitely have it done by Wednesday and can bring it to Busy Bees - though if it's done sooner I might just 'need' to drive back there and pick it up.


My phone ate up all of this month's allotment, apparently roaming instead of connecting to the house Wi-Fi.  Of course that's not MY department (between the guy at the Verizon store and Alex I thought everything was all set up.)  


Tom thinks he fixed the settings yesterday afternoon, so we will see.  Of course when I'm in Maryland everything will be roaming, so it may be difficult to tell next month!

Finally hung a couple of Mom's works, both ribbon winners - one blue, one red.  Before I had done that Tom had put up the poster board of his stone - but when the putty didn't stick and that fell I took advantage of the newly blank space.


After the cleaners left I headed to TOQS for my coupons, and also came home with almost five yards of fabric for only $25 - score!  


One the way home I filled up at the gas station.  My car requires the high-test fuel, and that price was a little over $5.  I'm glad I don't have to fill up too often!


In a bit off to the PAQA quilt show with Carol and JoAn.  Several friends attended yesterday, and all gave positive reviews.

No comments:

Post a Comment