Thursday, March 17, 2022

 Monica brought the baby quilt with her to Busy Bees yesterday. Her suggestion of bubbles was a good choice, and her quilting turned out wonderful, as always. 

 

After the meeting ended I had just enough time at home to get the binding attached (except for the tails) before heading to the oncologist.  The office was running about half an hour behind, and they did apologize.  Usually they are pretty much on time, and it was no biggie - especially since I got a fair amount of hand-stitching done while I waited.  Both Heather and Dr. Gandhok LOVED the quilt, and were quite impressed with it even though I explained that it's a simple 'pattern'.


Later at home I finished everything except the tails, which I will tackle this morning when I'm fresh, and then stitch that last little section.  


The binding worked up beautifully, and turned out absolutely even all the way around, along with nice crisp corners.  I seem to have reached a new level with my latest quilts, which of course gladdens me.



This afternoon Teri will be over to collect the finished quilt.  
I'm 'guessing' that she will be pleased with the final result.



In other terrific news, it was another 'boring' appointment at the oncologist.  As expected, all of my bloodwork markers came back excellent and I'm 'good to go' for another six months.

No comments:

Post a Comment