Friday, March 4, 2022

 This week has been busy, and I am way behind on posting!  

Here's a brief recap of what's been going on.


Monday  morning I headed over to to PT only to discover that I didn't have an appointment; I'd forgotten that my new schedule has me going only once each week, on Thursdays.  I took advantage of that new "space" in my schedule to run some errands (gas station, bank, etc.) and then play catch-up at home.  Crossed a lot of phone calls off of my list!


Also popped over to visit Mary before her trip, and get some last-minute cat instructions "just in case" there's a snafu with her house-sitter Barb.  I'm a firm believer that if we have a back-up plan in place we won't need it.



Brownie raced through the house ahead of me, straight to the back door (he knows the drill, and likes to check out the yard), so I didn't actually see what happened next.  One of the cats was outside the door waiting to be let in, and once inside and seeing "that dog" made a beeline around the corner toward the safety of the bedroom.  Brownie followed (out of my line of sight) but made a U-turn back to Mary as soon as she called him!


Usually when he sees a cat (or a bunny, or other critter that just "asks" to be chased) he goes deaf!


Monday night I had trouble falling asleep (not usually the problem) and was still wide awake after midnight!  At one point I took a zolpidem - again not unusual - but was beyond stunned and amazed when I looked at the clock when I woke Tuesday morning.  

It was 9:30!  Pretty sure that I've NEVER EVER slept that late!


So it was no surprise that I got to the gym a few minutes late (let Davon know) but at least I did have another good workout.  On the way home took care of a few errands, most importantly stopping at the hardware store to check with Joe.  And yes, I did have the wrong phone number for him (wasn't even close!) which certainly explains why <g> I didn't hear back from him.


Then over to Wanda's to pick up her quilt so I can sew on the sleeve, and we lunched at Cane's.  Both of us left there stuffed, and I know that I didn't have any appetite for dinner that night!


I'd invited Cara and Zenna to come by for an afternoon visit before Thursday's irrigation, but her texts don't make a sound alert on my phone.  (Others do!)  She tried to fix that, to no avail (and I certainly have no clue that the issue is.)  At least now she knows why I don't reply to her texts, and comes to the door!


Wednesday morning I brought Tami's placemats with me to Busy Bees and worked on the bindings while the rest of the ladies attended Pat's doll class.  

I'm very pleased with how the two-color binding has been working out.  Thought it would be more complicated, but Ami's directions have worked well. As of Thursday evening the yellow one was finished and I actually started working on the pink one before I ran out of steam.  I will be able to show them at Foothills next Wednesday (the ladies had seen me working on the placemats at the retreat) and then pop them into the mail.


Teri came by Wednesday afternoon for a discussion on the baby quilt, and I basically have carte blanche.   She has been making sunflower "things" to support the Ukranians, but doesn't have a lot of yellow in her stash.  We went through my ribbons/buttons, and I sent her home with a happy assortment.



First thing Thursday morning I started cutting squares from the fabrics, which are bright and cheery and fun, and even whipped up three pinwheels. (The blue has snowflakes, and the white-on-white has snowmen.)  I just wish I had more time; the baby shower is in mid-April, so I'm hoping I'll be able to get the top finished and to Monica before I leave for Maryland. I made progress throughout the day -

despite the fact that I had PT in the morning.  I started on the treadmill at 2.5 speed, but after ten minutes ramped it up to 3.0 for five minutes before dropping back down to 2.5 for the final five minutes.  I could have kept going at that higher speed except that my feet got sweaty and slippery in my shoes!  


I also had the chiropractor in the afternoon, and as usual left myself an extra half hour in case there was traffic - which there wasn't (at least on the way there.) I'd brought along the placemats , thinking I could spend any wait time working on them, but since he'd had a no-show he took me right away, and I was back on the road 15 minutes before my actual appointment time.


But on the way home traffic on the 101 came to a standstill.  The electronic sign notified us of an accident up ahead at 75th Ave., with the left lanes blocked.  So as we inched forward (it took almost 30 minutes to get around the mess) I made my way over to the right.  When I eventually got up to the accident it sure looked really, really bad.  

I assumed that the vehicle that landed on its nose had been speeding, lost control, and jumped the median.  But the news reported that a semi had blown a tire, which caused the two cars to flip.  


By the time I got home irrigation was over, and it appears that everything got a good watering.  It's been warm lately, in the upper 80s, so I'm sure everything appreciated their drink.

Now it's Friday, and the temps are going to be a lot cooler (possibly a drop of 20 degrees) today and through the weekend.   Last evening's news reported a 30% chance of rain today in parts of the Valley, but since we got irrigation yesterday I'd say that ups those chances in our neighborhood.


Time to get my day going now.



No comments:

Post a Comment