Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Saturday I returned Wanda's quilt to her, with sleeve attached, and also got to work on my show quilt, sewing Melodie's label to the back. 

On the way home from Wanda's I swung by the library to collect two books waiting for me.  I hope to get both read and returned before I head to Maryland, and with that thought in mind dove into one that evening.

During the day I continued progress on the baby quilt.  I also starting thinking about the Busy Bees' blurb for the AQG chatter, and requested photos from Jan that she took at the February meeting when I was at the Foothills retreat.  Love her laugh!

I spoke with Ann, letting her know that Allen's big party was off, per his request.  Instead we're going to do a small "family only" party at Andy & Sandy's.  Though I will see her another day when I'm in, she will miss getting to see Marilyn.

Sunday I woke up at 3:00, so made a morning 'push' on the baby quilt before I faded (and did succumb to a nap in the afternoon) when I got a third block done.  Also got all of my paper quilt labels printed, but only after the usual aggravation with the printer.

I downloaded Jan's pix for the AQG blurb, and also called her (several times) with questions, trying to flesh out my piece.  She didn't seem to mind. 

In the afternoon I took a soak (hadn't done that in several days) and discovered that the wind had blown open the lid on the hot tub.  Happily the water was still up to temp - but I may pay (literally) for that perk when the next electric bill arrives.

Monday was yet another 3:00 morning.  First thing on my agenda was making a sleeve for the quilt, which is now pinned on and ready for the hand-stitching.  However I'll save that to do during Wednesday's meeting at Foothills, which freed up the rest of the day to work on the baby quilt. SO nice that I'm no longer spending my Monday mornings at PT!

Got Brett's first diary entry, via Mary, of their trip.  According to her FitBit she logged almost 10,000 steps on their walking tour, and was understandably tired.  Still she was smiling in all the photos. 

Yesterday was not a terribly productive day for me, and then I ended up taking an evening nap on the couch before throwing in the towel and transferring to bed.  On the plus side I slept well despite that nap.

Now it's Tuesday, when I woke up shortly before 4:00 (an improvement over 3:00, right?)  Once I get off the computer I expect to finish the center of the baby quilt.  At that point I'll be sure to post a photo!


No comments:

Post a Comment