Saturday, February 12, 2022

 I was surprised (but of course more than pleased!) that after Tuesday's "overtime" workout I hadn't experience any soreness.  Yesterday I planned for a similar experience and arrived at the gym early enough to warm up with cardio on the elliptical.  Plan A was to do at least 10 minutes, and then see if I was able to keep going to set a new 'personal best' ~

except that right from the start my left knee was most unhappy with that movement.  When the discomfort didn't settle down (and I did give it four minutes) I quit and went on to a few other things.


Davon and I worked on stretches, with the hope that if I do those before working out I can head off a lot of potential problems.



Leaving the gym I was all set to head over to Mary's as we'd pre-arranged, but saw that I had gotten a voice mail from the cleaners.  It turned out that they were running ahead of schedule, so instead I headed home.  Once the cleaners finished (and with a crew of three that day it didn't take them long) I headed over to Mary's - but with the change of time it meant Brownie got to go along.  


Mary loved how my quilt had turned out, and I loved how hers had.  


We both think that Monica doesn't charge enough for her wonderful work!


It was a perfect day to relax out back admiring her lovely garden while we chatted and Brownie did his usual exploring and 'watering'.


She 'complained' that's it's a work in progress - but that's what makes it fun! 

 

And I came home with a new plant.  While it didn't make it into one of my new pots yesterday that might happen today.


We'd headed home when Brownie's (new) food alarm went off.  



It sure didn't take him long to figure out that new tone and get antsy, 'reminding me' that it's time for his dinner! 


I watched The Power of The Dog since it received the most Oscar nominations, but I can't say that I enjoyed it - or understand why it's considered such a good film.




Think I'll go take a soak before getting on with the rest of my day.  


Once TOQS opens I'll pop over for Bag Day to collect this next month's coupons and free gift.  And (of course) I'll "probably" pick up a yard of fabric while I'm there.



I'm also planning to head over to a nearby dog agility competition going on today, when it'll be another lovely day to sit outside.

No comments:

Post a Comment