Monday, February 14, 2022

Amazingly I could not find a dark blue at 35th Ave. yesterday that will work for the binding; the blues in Tom's quilt are definitely a 'different' shade.  But I did run into Ila (and helped her find an excellent border choice fabric) and she suggested I try for the light blue.  That still wasn't easy - but eventually settled on one that will work.



The gang arrived home from Tucson in the early afternoon.  Everyone was pretty wiped out, and one by one they drifted off for naps.  



Later there was some show and tell (unfortunately Rob's were all neatly packed away for his flight later) and Lisa made quite the haul.  And guess who gets to mail that rock-laden backpack?



Dinner turned out well (not always the case when I cook...) and there were compliments all around - even from Tom!




After Tom and Lisa returned from the airport run the three of us watched a movie, Palm Springs. I did enjoy it even though (as the only one who hadn't nabbed an afternoon nap) I was pretty tired and at times struggling to keep my eyes open.  



And speaking of movies, as of last night I have access to Disney + 
so I will finally be able to watch Hamilton!




Still have to pack for the retreat today, but since I've been up since 4:30 I do have plenty of time...

No comments:

Post a Comment