Monday, February 7, 2022

 Yesterday morning I added 4" around the four sides of the backing, and then delivered everything to Monica.  She's going to quilt it as soon as she finishes the one currently on the frame (one of Donna's), so I could have it back by the end of the week.  That would be wonderful, enabling me to show it off to Lisa, who is coming in to do the Tucson Rock show with Tom.

Didn't accomplish too much else yesterday - though did a fair amount of reading.


Sadly I don't think it's nearly as good as another one of his books, 
Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet.


Mary came by, with her son and two grandsons, to pick up her cottonwood stumps.  When I asked if  they seem happy in their new location <g> she said they do, and fired off this pic of one.  


Pokey was a major attraction ~ 
though Brownie also garnered some attention.



In the evening I watch more ice dancing.  There was a heart-stopping fall at the very end of the ROC team's free dance (which of course they replayed several times, in slow-motion) and it's hard to believe that neither one of them was injured!


My iPad also survived without an injury when I "accidentally" flung it away while scrolling through FB and came across a close-up photo of a large spider.  Yes I "know" that a picture can't hurt me - but the very definition of a phobia is an irrational fear!



Cara texted during her walk this morning to see if she and Zenna could stop in for a short visit before her 9:15 appointment.  Sounded excellent to me, especially since we hadn't seen them in a while.  

When went out back to wait, Brownie actually chased the tennis ball!

The dogs had an absolutely wonderful time playing together, and Cara and I enjoyed our time catching up on things.  Hopefully we'll see them more often.


It was another good session at PT today.  I upped my speed on the treadmill, doing the first 10 minutes at 2.2 mph and the second 10 minutes at 2.3 mph.


Marcela called this afternoon - somewhat of a coincidence because I had just been thinking about her this morning!


I got caught up on Elena's wedding preparations (less than a month away) and Marcela's new beau, all while enjoying the sunshine in the back yard.  Yesterday and today temps were in the 70s, and later this week we expect to hit 80.



No comments:

Post a Comment