Thursday, February 3, 2022

 Sadly it was not the most successful trip to 35th Ave. yesterday.   



I was unable to find the matching fabric, it was on to Plan B.


With Mary's help I found a fabric that would work, 
and this morning I started putting on the borders.  

Then it was off to PT, which went well; I upped my speed on the treadmill.  Did most of my 20 minutes at 2.1 or 2.2, and then for the last couple of minutes ramped it up to 2.3, then 2.4, and even 2.5!  Today was Lori's last day for a while (she's having surgery on Monday) so maybe when she comes back to work (in six weeks?) I'll have made even more progress.




The tree guys were here to take down the three cottonwoods, and their chain saw made short work of huge limbs.  Here is just a small portion of the carnage.


We were all amazed to see just how hollowed out many of the trunks were!


We found lots of honeycombs; this section of hollowed log was crammed full all the way through!





Sandy and Rick came over, and chose a number of stumps and slabs (he makes beautiful tables, and I'm looking forward to seeing his handiwork) and also hauled away buckets of the sawdust to use as mulch in the gardens.  

They'd brought Willow along, but she kept attacking Brownie - which seemed strange because the dogs did fine in her yard (where you'd think she'd be more protective) on their first meeting.  But this second play date did not go nearly as well.  


No comments:

Post a Comment