Tuesday, February 15, 2022

 Even through yesterday's retreat didn't start until 10:00 (because the ladies needed to set up after a church "thing" from Sunday) we were all very productive - though I wasn't the only one who had to bring out the seam ripper!  


After I got my portable design wall set up (which took longer than it should have, since I haven't had to use it in years once a got a real one - so was grateful for help from Ruth and Barb I did 'need' to sample some of the wide array of yummies.  Then I got some of the ladies started on the class (officially set to run today.)   As advertised, it's a quick one "pattern', and much progress was made.

I demo-ed with JoAn's 9 fabrics,


and once the ladies figured out the crisis with her machine (the feed dogs had worked themselves down during transport) she was off and running.



Jo coordinated with cute teacup fabric, then pulled striped from her stash for sashing.


Ruth found a use for these baby fabrics, and 'probably' won't sash the individual blocks.


Lunch was yummy soups and salads, then back to work!  Between conferring when issues came up, I work on the placemats for Tami to use at Easter with her "new" table runner, using the Disappearing 4-patch blocks I'd help her make years ago from some of the leftovers.



I stayed until 5:15 (and by no means was the last to leave) and was pretty tired when I got home, where were flowers, from Alex, awaiting me.  He popped over after dinner and we caught up (the event in California was pretty disappointing.)  I did mention needing some help with things on my phone, particularly the photos,

"Mom, you are terrible at technology."

This is a surprise?!?!?




Slept in until 7:00 (!) this morning, of all days.  I need to dash off to Retreat (my class officially starts this morning, at 8:00! So no time to proofread and adjust!

No comments:

Post a Comment