Tuesday, February 8, 2022

 I am quail-sitting and egg-sitting again since Alex left this morning to work an event in California.  As as of yesterday, when he found a couple more eggs in the cage, I will be rotating 6 eggs twice a day.  But to make it easier, he brought over the incubator last evening.


The first eggs are nearing the end of their 18-day incubation cycle, so by the time Alex returns there could be a baby chick (or two!) to add to the mix.



Just came across this note:

Quail generally take 18 days to incubate, but they can hatch as early as day 16 or as late as day 20. On day 14, you'll need to stop turning the eggs.


I had time before the gym to drop off some books at the library around 9:15, and even though I hadn't gotten a notice I still checked to see if any of my Holds had come in.  Nope.  Wondered if my 'luck' would hold, and I'd get a notice later today.  Sure enough, there was an e-mail (sent at 10:02) that one had come in.


While in the library I was appalled at a t-shirt one of the patrons was wearing, which read

Make America WHITE RACIST HATE again.


What a sad and sorry state of affairs for our country.




When I got to the gym I did cardio on the elliptical, and had no problem clocking 10 minutes.  By then it was after 10:00 but Marco hadn't shown up, so I went to the front desk.  That's when I learned that he "wasn't working there any more."  There was a new trainer, but he was with a client until 10:30, so I worked out on my own (leg presses, hip abduction and adduction, calf raises) and then did a full half hour with Davon.  I like him, so I'm hoping he (unlike Austin and Marco) sticks around!



Did some more mucking of the garage, and cleared out so much stuff that I had to make two trips to Savers to drop off stuff.  The garage is looking better and better, but with warmer weather coming I'd better amp up my efforts.



Took the strip from the bottom of the back door to the hardware store.  The rubber 'seal' has been torn for a LONG time, meaning plenty of access for critters (as well as an escape hatch for heat and A/C.)


I took the part with me, but (anyone surprised?) the holes on the replacements did not line up.  That meant new holes would need to be drilled in the door, a task that is out of my comfort zone.  However one of the employees is a handyman, and is coming over later this afternoon to see which strip would work best, and then (tomorrow?) actually fix it.



In other good news, when I got home this afternoon from all that running around I checked my e-mail, and Monica had finished Tom's quilt this morning! 


Now just waiting to hear back from her so I can arrange a time to pick it up.

No comments:

Post a Comment