Thursday, February 24, 2022

 Yesterday was fine weather for ducks! 


We got a LOT of rain - and have the puddles to prove it.


At least it wasn't snow, like in some places.  

But while we knew Flagstaff would get a whole bunch of the white stuff...

it was big news when it even snowed here in The Valley!  


A winter storm moved through metro Phoenix, dropping rain across the area. Around noon, the National Weather Service received reports of snow in Fountain Hills, Carefree and north Scottsdale.

I should be taking advantage of the soggy, soggy ground to address the remaining dandelion crop out front, which unfortunately seems to be expanding...


but I can't afford to make my back unhappy since I'm heading to the VOS retreat this afternoon!


Also in the "ought" category: I should have thought to bring my red chair (which IS going to retreat with me) back under the covered part of the porch before the storm arrived so it would have remained dry.  



Alex rescued it for me when he joined us for dinner last evening, and I'm hoping it's (reasonably!) dry when it's time to load up the car later.


Speaking of Alex, I've been doing my daily 'homework' assigned by him, and seem to have absorbed everything on the current list.  



In fact I have gotten so used to talk-to-text I mentioned to him that I miss it when I'm on my iPad.  



Turns out <LOL> that I've always had that option available to me.




Could not fall asleep last evening ("maybe" I shouldn't have accepted a slice of chocolate marble creme cake for dessert last night?) 



It was not at all a good thing when I was still awake after midnight.



At that point I finally took something to combat my insomnia -



though it would have been nice to sleep past 5:00 this morning.




Brownie is back to his normal self.



As expected he's quite pleased with the 'new' item on his breakfast menu, wet food instead of dry.  However (also as expected) he's considerably less pleased about taking a teensy half pill of doggy Ibuprofen to help his sore mouth. 


 Luckily that slips easily into a chunk of Pupperoni, which goes down without any complaint!



Organized my quilting stuff yesterday, so I'll only have to pack my clothes and other personal stuff today.  



Also need to make a quick run to TOQS today for some rotary blades.  And since this week's coupon is for fabric, it's "possible" that I "might" pick up a yard of something while I'm there!

No comments:

Post a Comment