Saturday, February 19, 2022

I had an excellent workout at the gym with Davon yesterday, more or less 'enjoying' it, and my back REALLY liked one of the stretches!


In the afternoon Jo An and I headed out to the Happy Trails quilt show in Surprise.  She'd attended it in previous years, but that particular show was a first for me.



  Unfortunately we were both somewhat disappointed overall, and with regard to the same things.



  Most of the quilts were comprised of bland fabrics, with little or no color ~


though we still appreciated the actual patterns. Notice how the four simple Snowball blocks create the arrow effect on the other blocks.



A great many had minimal quilting and (in OUR opinion, anyway)


 definitely 'required' more.



Some on display even used panels where the folds had not been ironed out!



Shortly after arriving I was paged to return to the check-in table - because they'd found my credit card on the floor!  Since I'd only gone into my wallet's cash pocket for the $4 'donation' I was confused, especially when it turned out that all my cards were still safely tucked into their individual slots.  


Guess it was one I'd 'lost' some time ago and had replaced, but that 'money' was simply buried way down in the wallet's overly deep cash pocket. 



 
On the way home we had to drive right past Arizona Quilts, so we popped in for a quick search.  I've been trying to locate some white-on-white snowflakes for Teri's baby quilt (but had no luck at TOQS, 35th Ave., or even on-line) and they didn't have any either - but I did find some with snowmen that should work.


Too difficult to see the snowmen?  <G> 
Here's the fabric, enlarged, and in another colorway:



Also did some of my phone 'homework' and sent these finds (no, I didn't actually buy any) to Alex. While I'm not about to make the quail a quilt <g> it sure is a pretty batik.


And right below it were these batik roadrunners:



Leaving the store I just had to snap a pic of  Walt (with his permission) in his hot sauce shirt, waiting (patiently!) while his wife shopped.  He did mention that whenever he wears it he gets lots of requests for photos.  


I hadn't noticed (until he pointed it out) that none of the bottles were actual brands.




In hindsight it hadn't helped my enjoyment of the quilt show yesterday that I was worn out from the past couple of weeks of go, go, go, plus my back had started talking to me.  



Last night I went to bed at 8:00, slept until 2:00 am when I took some zolpidem to go back to sleep - and then slept in this morning until after 7:00!  



Now I feel better equipped to tackle my day today!

No comments:

Post a Comment