Tuesday, February 22, 2022

 I looked for my cottonwood stump on Sunday, but it was gone.  Though I assumed Tom had relocated it into the trash, it turned out that Alex was the culprit:

You wanted that? I took it camping for firewood.


PT went well yesterday, though for some reason I wasn't actually on their schedule.  

When 2.2 mph on the treadmill started feeling too slow (!) I sped it up to 2.3, then 2.4, and finally ended up walking at 2.5 for the last 10 minutes.



MAJOR hullabaloo in the neighborhood when I got home, with emergency vehicles everywhere and a helicopter circling for what seemed like hours.  At one point I even heard an announcement from it to stay inside!  Tom learned that there was a guy with a gun over on Topeka, the street behind us, and I wondered if it was the Rottweiler guy; then this morning learned from our neighborhood site that's who it did turn out to be. 

This is the guy who had 35th Ave blocked off. He just lost his mom and now his brother is taking the house, kicking him out, had his truck impounded and giving his dogs to animal control. He just lost everything and his mind. He said he wasn't leaving without a fight... I'm just glad no one was hurt.

I had been surprised that there wasn't anything on the local news at 5:00 and 6:00 last evening - but maybe gun stand-offs are such a common occurrence (and apparently no one was injured yesterday) that it didn't merit a mention?



Alex joined us for dinner (though he cooked his own) and gave me another mini-tutorial on my iPhone.  Little by little I'm getting comfortable with some of the things it does.


  * * * * *


Though today won't be such a happy day for Brownie, who goes to the vet this morning to have his teeth cleaned.  No doubt he's wondering why I didn't feed him this morning, but happily he's not making much of a fuss about it.


I expect he'll be his usual happy/excited self when he sees me pick up his leash and then we hop into the car to GO (his favorite word.)  Sadly he's in for an unpleasant surprise.


While it's for his own good (his teeth have been in very sad shape since Day One three years ago, when he joined the family) that's impossible to 'explain' to him.  

No comments:

Post a Comment