Wednesday, February 9, 2022

 I was able to pick up the quilt yesterday and still get back home before Joe's arrival - and it's gorgeous!  Monica does such a wonderful job - but since she doesn't charge "enough" I padded her bill liberally.  I do need to bind it, but still shared it at Foothills today.


Woke around 4:30 this morning, and around 6:00 started assembling the beef stew for tonight's late dinner (the flights don't get in until after 7:00) so I had plenty of time to shower and then get to Foothills in time.  At my request Tom picked a large bag of oranges this afternoon, and I 'squoze' a half gallon of fresh OJ for tomorrow's breakfast.  Also got the bread maker ready to do its thing. Now it's all set to finish at 8:00, which means the house should really smell good when they arrive from the airport.

 

Joe will be back this afternoon to address the gaping gap in the back door, replace the jungle gate latch with something I can open/close in less than five minutes, and install a replacement screen for the other back door.  I'm thrilled to have found a handyman who is readily available! 


And it certainly doesn't hurt that he's more than reasonable with regard to what he's charging.

No comments:

Post a Comment