Friday, February 18, 2022

 Didn't make sense to drive home after PT yesterday just to leave again in 15 minutes, so headed to the chiropractor.  No traffic issues, but since I ended up with even more time to kill (I'm usually early since I factor in extra time for the drive 25-mile drive 'just in case') I decided to visit the Armadillo shopping 'mall'.  That's where I found a set of plastic egg cartons, one labeled Cackleberries and the other Raised on Bugs not Drugs - which solved my gift 'problem' for Don.



Got that wrapped when I got home (Tom found a perfect box), then wrapped Lisa's backpack of rocks inside a quilt, grabbed Marilyn's birthday gift (already wrapped and waiting) and headed off to mail all three at once.  I was surprised at the high cost to mail Don's package (it just contained plastic, after all, and in a small box) but also surprised at the low cost to mail Lisa's (which was heavy, and in a large box) so it sort of balanced out.


When putting retreat stuff away yesterday I came across "that" pink fabric that had been MIA for the placemat project, and thus plan to redo the borders that caused me an unreasonable amount of aggravation (and time.)  


Also found the small cutting mat/ironing board I'd needed 

when I presented the Tip-of-the-Month at Busy Bees.  


I'd planned to post my retreat pix on Shutterfly yesterday, but (as usual) could not figure out how to make a spot for it (tried twice) so that will need to wait until Ann creates one for me.  

Between my door prize of a cheery fat quarter bundle and a check for $25 (hadn't realized that I'd be paid for my class!), the retreat practically cost me nothing.


I've been making a list (and checking it twice) for next week's retreat.  


It's "likely" <G>  that I'll forget something, but hopefully (!) nothing crucial!



There was a little stress yesterday with my phone, but luckily I had a brand new tub of Talenti Mint Fudge Cookie ice cream. That definitely helped the situation - at least once I was able to finally unscrew the lid!  


Called the pool folks this morning to set up a repair for the leaking filter - and they want $150 just for the service call!  Think I'll be looking for a new service...

No comments:

Post a Comment