Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Yesterday I was able to slide today's gym session up half an hour, which got me home early enough so that by zooming I was able to meet the Book Club ladies for an 11:15 movie after all.  Not sure what I was expecting - but The Greatest Showman was one of the best movies I've seen in a long time! Be sure to put it on your list.



On my way home from the gym, on 55th Ave. between Bell and Union Hills (a residential street) a car coming toward me veered across the line into my lane.  I laid on my horn to alert the driver (who was no doubt texting?) and he did swerve back into his own lane - but as he passed me, he gave ME the finger.  Maybe he would rather have hit me head on than be 'told' he was wrong?


Marcie and Latina were impressed with our backyard "personal park" when they walked up yesterday.  Paul's crew always does a spectacular job; no hacking or whacking like too many I've seen.   So they really do deserve what they charge, even if it's sometimes a shock to my system... and checking account!



Last night I watched the first episode (in a 6-part series) of We'll Meet Again on PBS, and look forward to the remaining five.

Executive produced and reported by Ann Curry, WE’LL MEET AGAIN explores some of history’s most dramatic events through the personal stories of those who lived through them.  Join Ann Curry for a new series featuring dramatic reunions of people whose lives crossed at pivotal moments. View history through their eyes and hear stories of heroism, hope and the forging of unbreakable bonds. First up: the reunions of people separated by WWII. A Japanese-American woman sent to an internment camp hopes to find a childhood friend, and a survivor from a Jewish ghetto searches for the child of the couple who befriended him.



Later I'm off (with Linda, Marcie, and Nyla) to hear Jenny Doan in Mesa.  In the meantime (it's early, woke up before 5:00) maybe I'll get some stuff done around the house?



No comments:

Post a Comment