Sunday, January 14, 2018

I took the old metal soap dish (from the kids' bathtub) to Home Depot this morning to see if I could find a new shiny replacement.  They did have one model - but instead of the screw holes being vertical they were horizontal - which could make it difficult (or impossible?) for Tom to install into the "backing" inside the wall.  The guy there said the one we had (probably the original, and 50 years old) is a nice solid one, unlike the flimsy one they were selling for $14.   He suggested I just take it home and clean it up with some CLR (which only cost me $6.)  Tom didn't think it would clean up - but it did, and without too much elbow grease.



Patti and I had a nice walk around her neighborhood (when we dropped off my latest bag of tins and spools at Kathi's) though we both felt overdressed for the warm weather.  The exercise is good for her ankle (she thinks it actually felt better when she was doing all that walking in San Diego over vacation) so we may be walking together more often.



She also gave my hair a trim ("it has grown a lot") which it needed.



Marcie and Latina came over later in the afternoon, and approved of the yummy smells coming from the crock pot.  We hung out in the backyard the whole time, and Latina did lots of sniffing - but for some reason she won't pee over here and waits until she gets home.



Wanda called with the good news that she will be able to join us for dinner after all.  Maybe I'd better try to do something with the piles of fabric still on the couch?


No comments:

Post a Comment