Sunday, January 21, 2018

While I was in the shower yesterday morning the cabinet guy called; he was running a few hours early and wanted to know if he could come by earlier.  So I was still here when Matt replaced the scratched up door.  He also fixed that one sticking drawer.  (I never would have called to have someone come out just for that, but as long as he was "in the neighborhood" it worked out well.)



This time I remembered to bring my camera with me over to Wanda's,
and snapped some pix of her current bag project. 


She has embellishing to do on the far brown mountains, but so far, so good!


And her lining fabric is a great match!



We had another delicious meal at "our" Persian restaurant, and being such a wintery day it was perfect to try out their lentil soup - which was as scrumptious as touted!  As we were leaving I did something to my neck (who knows how?) so I didn't stay long after we got back to her place, and instead headed home to hit the heating pad.



While I was treating my neck I watched Why Him?  The plot may not have contained any real surprises, but I found it entertaining and enjoyable. 


The heating pad definitely helped to relax whatever I had tweaked in my neck/upper back, so by the time Mary popped over at 3:00 to check out our new kitchen I was feeling considerably better.  She loved what we'd done, and also gave her stamp of approval to my spool quilt.  I'm certainly going to miss her at Foothills - but with her serious hearing issues she just can't participate in anything more than one-on-one.



Marcie and I had a delightful time at yesterday's Sewcial at the Flying Pig, where my deviled eggs were a major hit.  We met some delightful ladies (I recognized Martha from "somewhere" - turns out she works at 35th Ave.) and it didn't hurt that I came home with 20 fat quarters after winning at LRC.  (Maybe it was karma for running home at one point to grab my sizeable stack of leftover patriotic fabric to gift to Denise, who makes quilts for the VA with her 4H kids?)  Afterward the ladies dressed me up in my winnings for this photo op.


I wanted to take some pix last night of some of the other ladies' projects (I worked on my spool quilt binding, and everyone loved the quilt), and especially wanted one of Cindy wearing her pig hat during the pig races.  


But as soon as I turned on the camera I got the "change battery" message.



I'm sorry I'll miss the February Sewcial (I'll be at the quilt retreat that Saturday) and because of Cindy's schedule there isn't going to be one in March.  But I am going to schedule a time slot to rent her long arm machine, and try my hand at quilting a small quilt.  Could be quite the 'adventure'...


Marcie and I got back to the house at 8:00 (as expected) and weren't hungry (also as expected - and Tom had been forewarned!)  But the dinner he had prepared was delicious, and "somehow" we both managed to eat a fair amount... though I expect to manage much better tonight when we do it again with the leftovers!



This morning my neck and shoulders feel much better, so I've been getting a lot done around the house (laundry, changing sheets on the bed, etc.) and in the yard (cleaning the pool, raking leaves, etc.)  I was also able to reschedule Tuesday's 10:30 gym session for an earlier time slot, so I will be able to make the 11:15 movie with Cheri and the some of the other Book Club ladies.  Our next discussion will be on The Autobiography of Mrs. Tom Thumb, so we thought it would be appropriate (and fun!) to go see The Greatest Showman.

 Inspired by the imagination of P.T. Barnum, The Greatest Showman is an original musical that celebrates the birth of show business & tells of a visionary who rose from nothing to create a spectacle that became a worldwide sensation.

No comments:

Post a Comment