Friday, January 12, 2018

Bill was thrilled with the easy installation of grab bars yesterday morning; he always worries about tiles breaking, but ours cooperated nicely. Despite the number of bars it definitely took less time than either of us had expected, but <sigh> installation of the kitchen hood was quite another story...  


The "directions" were a joke (not a whole lot beyond "put together"...!) and essential parts turned out to be "not included" so Tom got to make a run to Home Depot - but between the two of them it was finished and operational by late afternoon.


  It definitely impacts the openness we had been enjoying by not replacing the glassed-in cabinets on one wall (my very reason for 'voting' against it from the beginning) but the light over the stove is nice, it certainly fits in well with everything else - and possibly we'll be hearing less from the smoke alarm?  



I'm always thrilled to get a good night's sleep, and seeing 6:30 on the clock when I opened my eyes this morning was a happy way to start the day. 


There's still plenty of time before Paul and his crew are expected at 7:30
for another bout of tree trimming. 



Last night I dreamed about the upcoming quilt retreat, though I didn't recognize the venue (seemed to be a basement of some sort) or any of the projects I was working on, and only 7 of us showed up (instead of the 32 I know will be there.)  My dream may have been sparked by my mucking and organizing of things in my quilting 'room' yesterday. I found several things that were lost (some of which I had looked for 'everywhere'!) and other things that went into my "take to retreat" tub. 


Last year I took more projects than I actually worked on - and expect to do the same this year.  But that's better than running out of stuff to work on - HORRORS! - and I certainly have NO shortage of UFOs to bring with me.


When Wanda was over the other day I got out my "Brights" tub and found the remainder of the fabric I had used in the sashing for the spool quilt.  While there's not enough left to bind the entire quilt, there will be enough to frame two opposite corners, and then do the rest in black. 


Last night I trimmed the quilt, so it's all ready for whenever I get around to making the binding.  Also found the label I printed up some time ago - but with a different title than the one I mailed in with the quilt show entry...


No comments:

Post a Comment