Monday, January 22, 2018

The tree crew hit it hard today, and got a lot done. In the Back 40, they thinned out the half-dozen Chinese elms and the cottonwood along the main ditch, thinned the bottlebrush tree in the far corner, trimmed the ficus by the back house, and manicured the cape honeysuckle along the driveway.  Inside the backyard, they thinned out one of the pines, trimmed the oleander hedge under the lemon tree, and did major work on the olive trees.  Yet despite working over 9 hours, there is still <sigh> more to do.   I will have to call Deb and schedule another visit.

It was another beautiful day, and I spent another several hours in the afternoon raking the jungle and the rest of the back yard.  Paul asked if I wanted his guys to cart away all of those mammoth piles - YES, please! That saved Tom and Alex from having to bag them up before we get irrigation on Thursday.

Terry had sent me a "heads up" that her gift would be arriving today.  She'd told me that she'd started a project for me on my birthday, but I had no idea what.  It's a framed counted cross-stitch with a wonderful friendship sentiment!

Tom and I went out for dinner at the Chinese restaurant where he'd picked up some delicious soup for me when I was sick the beginning of this month.  Unfortunately we were both disappointed in our meals tonight; seems that their soup is their best dish!  Too bad, because it certainly is close and convenient.

No comments:

Post a Comment