Thursday, January 25, 2018

Today was a visit to the dentist to have a filling redone.  Novocaine (or whatever they use these days) is definitely wonderful during a procedure - I'm not big on dental pain! But as fast as it takes effect, it sure takes too long for the "fat lip" numbness to recede.



Ran errands afterward.  My first stop was the library (one book was due tomorrow, and not renewable) and as always I checked the HOLD shelf.  Nothing was there, but (surprise?) an e-mail arrived before I got home from my next few errands that a book had come in for me.



I used the drive-through at the post office to send in the thick packet of papers Tom and I had to sign, and think we're (finally!) getting close to having all the financial things arranged and transferred.



My last two stops were to fill up the gas tank and then pick up my Rx refills (made it there just minutes before the pharmacy closed for its 30-minute lunch.) 



Irrigation seemed to go well this afternoon, and no doubt all the recently pruned trees will be glad to get a drink.  Pokey was heading into her toasty crate just as the water was arriving, and I'm glad she missed getting her feet wet.  As stunningly warm as it was today, it will be going down into the low 40s tonight.



Earlier this week I got a call from the Upward Foundation, asking if we had anything for their next pickup in our area.  Yes!  So tomorrow we will be getting rid of the old kitchen table (which has been residing on the back porch, waiting to find a new home) and Tom's old recliner (which has been taking up needed space in the garage) as well as a box of other odds and ends.

Upward is dedicated to serving severely disabled and/or medically fragile children and their families. At Upward, we make skills development, learning and therapy fun. We are bringing hope and joy to the children we support and helping them achieve their highest potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment