Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Bruce and Tammy, from Oregon, stopped in for a visit yesterday afternoon on their way from Quartzsite to Tucson.  He makes some very high-end jewelry, and both of them enjoyed viewing some of Tom's latest fire obsidian "babies".  While Bruce had been here before, this was Tammy's first time experiencing the Museum and Tom's shop.



Alex joined us for dinner at Valle Luna.  He worked a Moto-Cross show in town over the weekend, and (currently anyway) his work schedule has him home for almost another month.  That means he will still be home after all when Mom comes out to visit! 


Both Tom and Alex spent much time making (less than helpful) "suggestions" of possible activities for her visit: sky-diving, go-cart racing, etc.  Antelope Canyon came up, and ever since my visit I've had that on The List of places to take her, believing it could rival some of the impressive sights she's seen in her world travels.  But while that may no longer be possible given her physical limitations, I do have some scenic drives in mind.


Wanda and Marcie and I also have some "Girls Day" activities planned for her!



By 8:00 last night I was struggling to stay awake, so I got ready for bed (which of course woke me up some.)  I read some more until about 9:00 before turning off the light, but then <sigh> tossed and turned for a long time.  Took something when I got up in the middle of the night, yet still woke up around 4:00 this morning.



Tom is off to Tucson today to spend the day with friends at the rock show.  Alex is "on call" to help me do some stuff around the house and yard, after which I will reward him with dinner out.


No comments:

Post a Comment